Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Friction rash after sexual intercourse

Question
My profile picture
My profile picture  
Hello, my name is alexander, I'm 22 years old and i live in montreal canada. i had sex with my girlfriend on tuesday april 19th.  It is now thursday april 21st. The night we had sex we tried anal sex for the first time. After that night i seem to have a friction rash around the base of the "arrowhead" portion of my penis. What is the best way to effectively heal my rash?

Answer
Hi Alexander,
Are you circumcised? Did you use sufficient lubrication during sex? What was the type of lubricant used-- silicone based (best), water soluble, oil based, hand lotion, petroleum jelly, saliva? Did you suffer any scratches during sex?

In order to heal the rash, the cause must be identified.  Treatment is determined by the cause. Sometimes a photograph of your rash might help me figure out what it could be. Skin fungi, herpes, and just a friction injury are three things that immediately come to mind.  

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar