Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Warts or something?

Question
Image
Image  
Hi!

I just wanted to know what these bumps/growth in my vagina look like? I'm really concerned it's an STD or something. I've had some burning and stuff around there lately and I was thinking it could be a yeast infection cause it doesn't really hurt when I pee, only just kind of skin irritation it feels like. I'm really nervous if you could help me out that'd be great.

Thank you!

Answer
Hello Sarah,
I see three distinct areas of "bumps" in the image. The largest one to the far left of the image, appears to be either an external hemorrhoid or an epithelial cyst.  Immediately adjacent to your fingers running long the edge (somewhat like a blunted arrowhead shape pointing to the above large bump), are a very fine whitish or yellowing fine papules that are normal variations in the vulvar skin. At the inside of this "arrow head" area, are some whitish and darkish bumps. THOSE appear to be warts caused by HPV.

The only way to know for sure, is to be examined by a knowledgeable health care provider or gynecologist, and obtain an Pap smear with HPV test. Did you ever receive the vaccination against HPV (Gardisil or Cervarix)?  This 2-shot vaccination offers protection against the strain of HPV associated with precancerous changes that can infect the cervix.  

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar