Sexually Transmitted Diseases/White bump on glans

Question
Bump on glans
Bump on glans  

Bump zoomed in
Bump zoomed in  
Hello,
I am 30 years old and uncircumcised.
About two weeks ago a white spot appeared on my glans. It doesn't hurt or itch. The week before the area was a bit irritated (slightly raised and glossy), but I thought it was due to excessive friction during masturbation.

The last time I had sex with my girlfriend was two weeks before the bump appeared. We used condoms except for the oral sex. We don't have other sexual partners and both of us are healthy.

What do you think it can be? Do I have to worry?

I send you two pictures. I have a third one ultra zoomed if you need it.

Thank you very much in advance!

Answer
Hello Frank,
If the white bump persists for more than several weeks, than yes, I would have it checked out by a dermatologist.  Persistent white lesions or bumps are more often than not normal variations in the skin. Sometimes, they can be related to warts or HPV, although yours does not look like that.  More uncommonly, and usually in older uncircumcised men, cancers may develop. Although unlikely, an expert should have it checked out.  

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar