You are here:

Venezuela/Venezuela Residency


I was married in Maracaibo almost 2 years ago. Since that Time my wife and I have been outside the country working. We are planning to move back to Venezuela in the near future and I want to know if being married to  a Venezuelan National would help the residency process. I would like to get the Cedula, but am in no rush.


Hi Arthur,

The Venezuelan Law establishes that you can become a Venezuelan Citizen after 5 years of marriage, but the residency is obtained after a year of living in Venezuela with a proper Transeunt Visa(Transeunte Familiar), which can be obtained through a Venezuelan Consulate and can be renewed every 5 years.  In your case this is the best option. You would need to visit the website of the Venezuelan consulate nearest to your location. They request a valid passport, the marriage certificate, a letter requesting the Transeunt Visa for you and the application form.

If you need more information, let me know where you live.



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions about Venezuelan Dental Cosmetic and Medical Surgery Tourism, Birth Certificates Venezuela, Death Certificates Venezuela, Marriage and Divorce Certificates in Venezuela, Apostille Services in Venezuela, Living in Venezuela, Import and Export to Venezuela, Money Exchange Venezuela, Living in Maracaibo, Safety in Venezuela, Travelling to Venezuela, Venezuelan Visas, English/Spanish Translations Venezuela, SICAD Currency Exchange, Venezuelan Laws, Secretarial Services in Venezuela, Venezuelan News, Venezuela's Oil Industry.


20 years working in the oil industry in Venezuela as a bilingual administrative assistant, expat services, travelling arrangements, accommodations, logistics, among others.

Administrative Assistant, CRM

©2017 All rights reserved.