Venezuela/Venezuela Residency

Question
Margie,
I was married in Maracaibo almost 2 years ago. Since that Time my wife and I have been outside the country working. We are planning to move back to Venezuela in the near future and I want to know if being married to  a Venezuelan National would help the residency process. I would like to get the Cedula, but am in no rush.

Arthur

Answer
Hi Arthur,

The Venezuelan Law establishes that you can become a Venezuelan Citizen after 5 years of marriage, but the residency is obtained after a year of living in Venezuela with a proper Transeunt Visa(Transeunte Familiar), which can be obtained through a Venezuelan Consulate and can be renewed every 5 years.  In your case this is the best option. You would need to visit the website of the Venezuelan consulate nearest to your location. They request a valid passport, the marriage certificate, a letter requesting the Transeunt Visa for you and the application form.

If you need more information, let me know where you live.

Margie  

Venezuela

Margie