Venezuela/Cedula, and Other Things.

Hi Margie,

So I'm having a similar issue with obtaining a passport without a cedula.

My current passport is valid until 2016, however when I last got it renewed the consulate glued the passport picture to the cover page. This was a problem when I visited Europe, luckily they let it pass because I was with my family.

I recently got a internship offer in Ethiopia for next year, and I don't want this to be a problem again, especially because my family won't be there.

So my questions:
Do you know if I can get that fixed here in the US? Considering my passport is valid until 2016, but I don't have cedula

Could I get a new passport in a different embassy outside the US? Like in Mexico?

If I HAVE to go to Venezuela to get a cedula how long does that process take? ( Both my parents are Venezuelan)

And while in Venezuela, how long does it take to get a new passport with the cedula?

Hi Alejandro,

It is not possible to obtain your passport in the US or anywhere outside Venezuela without a Cedula. The process to get a cedula in Venezuela, if you have all the required documents, should take 1 to 2 weeks. The Passport, sadly, is 18 weeks.

I would suggest you try using your current passport again, and try to explain the situation to the immigration officer.

Any other questions, I'll be here.

Questions about Venezuelan Dental Cosmetic and Medical Surgery Tourism, Birth Certificates Venezuela, Death Certificates Venezuela, Marriage and Divorce Certificates in Venezuela, Apostille Services in Venezuela, Living in Venezuela, Import and Export to Venezuela, Money Exchange Venezuela, Living in Maracaibo, Safety in Venezuela, Travelling to Venezuela, Venezuelan Visas, English/Spanish Translations Venezuela, SICAD Currency Exchange, Venezuelan Laws, Secretarial Services in Venezuela, Venezuelan News, Venezuela's Oil Industry.

20 years working in the oil industry in Venezuela as a bilingual administrative assistant, expat services, travelling arrangements, accommodations, logistics, among others.

Administrative Assistant, CRM