Venezuela/Passport Renewal for Naturalized Citizens

I am a naturalized adult citizen of Venezuela living in Europe. I have a Venezuela passport that will expire in 2015. So I want to start the renewal process soon. I also have my Cedula which expires in 2019. So my question is: Is my Passport and Cedula enough to renew my passport ?

The reason I am asking is that in one of the Venezuelan Embassies website, I read that they also need a Naturalization Centificate, which I dont have. Isnt the passport evidence of my citizenship ?

Thank you.

Hi Marcos,

I have been trying to obtain information on this. The cedula and passport are enough evidence of your citizenship and it's all they ask for a passport renewal. Nevertheless, there's a shortage of passports and they have been asking for all sorts of bizarre documents in order to issue them. According to the SAIME website all you need is the proof of payment and your cedula.

To obtain a certificate of Nationalization you need to do it in Venezuela.

Questions about Venezuelan Dental Cosmetic and Medical Surgery Tourism, Birth Certificates Venezuela, Death Certificates Venezuela, Marriage and Divorce Certificates in Venezuela, Apostille Services in Venezuela, Living in Venezuela, Import and Export to Venezuela, Money Exchange Venezuela, Living in Maracaibo, Safety in Venezuela, Travelling to Venezuela, Venezuelan Visas, English/Spanish Translations Venezuela, SICAD Currency Exchange, Venezuelan Laws, Secretarial Services in Venezuela, Venezuelan News, Venezuela's Oil Industry.

20 years working in the oil industry in Venezuela as a bilingual administrative assistant, expat services, travelling arrangements, accommodations, logistics, among others.

Administrative Assistant, CRM