Venezuela/Passport Renewal for Naturalized Citizens

Question
I am a naturalized adult citizen of Venezuela living in Europe. I have a Venezuela passport that will expire in 2015. So I want to start the renewal process soon. I also have my Cedula which expires in 2019. So my question is: Is my Passport and Cedula enough to renew my passport ?

The reason I am asking is that in one of the Venezuelan Embassies website, I read that they also need a Naturalization Centificate, which I dont have. Isnt the passport evidence of my citizenship ?

Thank you.

Marcos

Answer
Hi Marcos,

I have been trying to obtain information on this. The cedula and passport are enough evidence of your citizenship and it's all they ask for a passport renewal. Nevertheless, there's a shortage of passports and they have been asking for all sorts of bizarre documents in order to issue them. According to the SAIME website all you need is the proof of payment and your cedula.

To obtain a certificate of Nationalization you need to do it in Venezuela.

Margie  

Venezuela

Margie