Venezuela/Venezuelan birth certificate

Question
My wife was born in Venezuela, and we are in the process of completing the documents for immigration, I-130 and I-485. She does not have a birth certificate, and it is very confusing trying to go through the consulate in San Francisco to obtain one.  Do you know how to obtain a Venezuelan birth certificate for my wife?  I am a United States citizen, and she is currently here on the visa waiver program, which expires in about a month, and we would like to get this done while she is here.

Answer
Hi James,

Obtaining a birth certificate in Venezuela is not an easy process. I have successfully obtained a few and others, well, I'm still trying. Since is not an automated system and most people do not register the birth the day it happens, I even have a case here the person was registered 26 years later, so it took 26 years of registry books searched by hand. The search process depends on the city in which she was born and if she has a copy of the certificate indicating the registry date. Also, if you need the certificate to be Apostilled, the government is issuing these in about 4 months from application date.

Send me an email to venexpert@gmail.com with the information you have.

Hope I can help.

Margie  

Venezuela

Margie