Venezuela/apostille birth certificate

Hi Margie

My son is marrying a girl from Venezuela.  He cannot go to her because he is a soldier. The US Airforce won't allow him to go.  She also, cannot come here.  

They plan to marry in December this year, in Curacao.  The government in Curacao requires a birth certificate (within 6 months of new) to be apostilled and sent to them by November 15th this year.  

The bride asked her government today and they will get her the certificate in 3 months.  That is too late.

We have invested nearly $10,000 in this wedding and much of it is not refundable.  We must have that birth certificate within 2 or 3 weeks.  Can you help?

Collins Bradford

Hi Collins,

The only way she can get the certificate Apostilled on time is paying off a government official. I've heard it's been done, it is a risk though. It can take a few weeks even when they say it will be ready in a day. If she lives in Caracas ask her to offer money to a person inside the Ministry of Foreign Relations, worst case scenario, they'll say no.

Questions about Venezuelan Dental Cosmetic and Medical Surgery Tourism, Birth Certificates Venezuela, Death Certificates Venezuela, Marriage and Divorce Certificates in Venezuela, Apostille Services in Venezuela, Living in Venezuela, Import and Export to Venezuela, Money Exchange Venezuela, Living in Maracaibo, Safety in Venezuela, Travelling to Venezuela, Venezuelan Visas, English/Spanish Translations Venezuela, SICAD Currency Exchange, Venezuelan Laws, Secretarial Services in Venezuela, Venezuelan News, Venezuela's Oil Industry.

20 years working in the oil industry in Venezuela as a bilingual administrative assistant, expat services, travelling arrangements, accommodations, logistics, among others.

Administrative Assistant, CRM