I was a Venezuela native. We moved permanently to the United States in 1989. I've been told that in order to do any legal transaction, you need your cedula and your R.I.F. I know what a cedula is, but what is a RIF? Can I hire a lawyer to get that on my behalf?

Hi Sandra,

The RIF is your Tax ID. Yes, you should be able to hire anyone, not just a lawyer to get it for you, since it is not the regular process you will have to pay to get it done. You need a cedula and a local address, then you can register online and obtain the RIF ID within 30 days of the online registration.



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions about Venezuelan Dental Cosmetic and Medical Surgery Tourism, Birth Certificates Venezuela, Death Certificates Venezuela, Marriage and Divorce Certificates in Venezuela, Apostille Services in Venezuela, Living in Venezuela, Import and Export to Venezuela, Money Exchange Venezuela, Living in Maracaibo, Safety in Venezuela, Travelling to Venezuela, Venezuelan Visas, English/Spanish Translations Venezuela, SICAD Currency Exchange, Venezuelan Laws, Secretarial Services in Venezuela, Venezuelan News, Venezuela's Oil Industry.


20 years working in the oil industry in Venezuela as a bilingual administrative assistant, expat services, travelling arrangements, accommodations, logistics, among others.

Administrative Assistant, CRM

©2017 All rights reserved.