Venezuela/Power of Attorney from family

Question
We, as family members of a deceased Venezuelan citizen, would like to grant a power of attorney to a Venezuelan friend. In order to prepare the document, we have some questions.

1. Some of the family members are Indian citizens residing in India and others are US citizens residing in the USA. How would we go about getting the document prepared in this situation?

2. The Venezuelan consulate is closer to the family member living in the United States. Can that member represent the other members in India? If yes, how would one go about doing this? If no, question 1 applies again.

Answer
Hi Flora,

I hope you are well, I am sorry for the late response as I have just received notification of this question.

The power of attorney could be one document only, or each person can grant one separately.

Your friends in India could grant a POA to the friends in the US, and then the ones on the US (acting on behalf of the ones in India and themselves) can grant the POA to the one in Venezuela.

Your friends in India would have to go to a consular representation of US or Notary, the ones in the US would have to go through the Venezuelan embassy, they should be able to provide the form, if not I can provide it for you, send me an email to venexpert@gmail.com.

If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me directly at venexpert@gmail.com

Hope this helps,

Margie

Venezuela

Margie