Vintage Cars/1977 mercedes 450sl

when I try to start the car,it's hard to start.when it finally starts,it idles very low.when I try to accelerate,the engine dies.whats going on? have any ideas? Thanks.

sounds like fuel delivery ,you need to measure fuel pressure at rails.
The rate of fuel flow is governed by the fuel distributor which is attached to the air flow sensor.
A sticking air flow sensor or malfunctioning fuel distributor could be the cause, but these asre symptoms of countles issues with the KJet system that is found in the car.

Do you know much about the Kjet ignition system, it is a bit complicated , but is well documented on the web.  A step by step analysis is needed to figure most issues out

is this a new problem?  how many miles. any service history

Vintage Cars

I can answer questions on W114/ W115 /W(R)107/W123/W126 Mercedes models 1967-1985. I have rebuilt many of these cars and have problem solved many issues. I have access to much of the technical data and have deailed instructions on fixing the most common issues. Vintage US 1950-1989 and other foreign cars as well If you are going to ask me about car value, please provide ample information on service history, rust issues, and current "needs". Pictures are helpful. Disclaimer on value - I can only give you data on what the market is bringing, and may not be what you want to hear!

Maintain, restore vintage Mercedes (W114/W115 /W107/W126)

Ronnies Diesel Shack

Vintage Forum Member on many List serves

College Graduate. Self proclaimed and taught Mercedes shade tree mechanic.