Vintage Cars/1977 mercedes 450sl

Question
when I try to start the car,it's hard to start.when it finally starts,it idles very low.when I try to accelerate,the engine dies.whats going on? have any ideas? Thanks.

Answer
sounds like fuel delivery ,you need to measure fuel pressure at rails.
The rate of fuel flow is governed by the fuel distributor which is attached to the air flow sensor.
A sticking air flow sensor or malfunctioning fuel distributor could be the cause, but these asre symptoms of countles issues with the KJet system that is found in the car.

Do you know much about the Kjet ignition system, it is a bit complicated , but is well documented on the web.  A step by step analysis is needed to figure most issues out

is this a new problem?  how many miles. any service history

Vintage Cars

Ron