Vintage Cars/1984 jaguar

Question
hi Ron,
i have a question about my 1984 jaguar. its about the wiper motor and relay. the wipers do not work, meaning they will not go back and forth. we believe it is the switch and we have debated replacing it but first we believe it may be a relay problem. how many relays are there to the switch how do we find the relays , ect..
anything you can tell me is helpful
thank you!
Megan

Answer
are you getting power to the motor? disconnect lead and using a multimeter test for 12v when switch is on , if its there, could be the motor, a common issue is the brushes wear.  if not work to The relay should be around the passenger fender fuse box, (I think, do you have the manual?) and check for 12v before and after the relay ,if not there , then ,most likely the switch or fuse.

Vintage Cars

Ron