Vintage Cars/1984 jaguar

hi Ron,
i have a question about my 1984 jaguar. its about the wiper motor and relay. the wipers do not work, meaning they will not go back and forth. we believe it is the switch and we have debated replacing it but first we believe it may be a relay problem. how many relays are there to the switch how do we find the relays , ect..
anything you can tell me is helpful
thank you!

are you getting power to the motor? disconnect lead and using a multimeter test for 12v when switch is on , if its there, could be the motor, a common issue is the brushes wear.  if not work to The relay should be around the passenger fender fuse box, (I think, do you have the manual?) and check for 12v before and after the relay ,if not there , then ,most likely the switch or fuse.

Vintage Cars

I can answer questions on W114/ W115 /W(R)107/W123/W126 Mercedes models 1967-1985. I have rebuilt many of these cars and have problem solved many issues. I have access to much of the technical data and have deailed instructions on fixing the most common issues. Vintage US 1950-1989 and other foreign cars as well If you are going to ask me about car value, please provide ample information on service history, rust issues, and current "needs". Pictures are helpful. Disclaimer on value - I can only give you data on what the market is bringing, and may not be what you want to hear!

Maintain, restore vintage Mercedes (W114/W115 /W107/W126)

Ronnies Diesel Shack

Vintage Forum Member on many List serves

College Graduate. Self proclaimed and taught Mercedes shade tree mechanic.