Vintage Cars/Oldsmobile Super 88 convertible

Oldsmobile Convertible
Oldsmobile Convertible  
I have a Super 88 Oldsmobile convertible that is in running condition...well taken care of with a very nice paint job. I'm thinking of sending it to a Restoration shop to have the whole frame, engine, brakes, transmission remounted on fresh mounts and fully cleaned and restored.  I know this will not be inexpensive so I'm kind of wondering from strictly a financial consideration would it be worth the investment.  The car belonged to my wife's father so there is a family .... connection there I will probably do it anyway but I'm just wondering about the growth in value of this automobile.

great question and the answer off the top is you probably will not be able to fully recoup your investment unless you plan on doing a concours restoration , and then only if you get it in front of the right people. But then with the history would you sell it ???

on the other hand if you LOVE the car and the history , and ENJOY driving her , then do it .  Its all about the journey . Take it from an ol car guy.  I have refurbished, renewed many , thinking ( and knowing) they were worth more than folks are willing to offer ....

have fun and ejoy the ride..

Vintage Cars

I can answer questions on W114/ W115 /W(R)107/W123/W126 Mercedes models 1967-1985. I have rebuilt many of these cars and have problem solved many issues. I have access to much of the technical data and have deailed instructions on fixing the most common issues. Vintage US 1950-1989 and other foreign cars as well If you are going to ask me about car value, please provide ample information on service history, rust issues, and current "needs". Pictures are helpful. Disclaimer on value - I can only give you data on what the market is bringing, and may not be what you want to hear!

Maintain, restore vintage Mercedes (W114/W115 /W107/W126)

Ronnies Diesel Shack

Vintage Forum Member on many List serves

College Graduate. Self proclaimed and taught Mercedes shade tree mechanic.