Vintage Cars/Oldsmobile Super 88 convertible

Question
Oldsmobile Convertible
Oldsmobile Convertible  
I have a Super 88 Oldsmobile convertible that is in running condition...well taken care of with a very nice paint job. I'm thinking of sending it to a Restoration shop to have the whole frame, engine, brakes, transmission remounted on fresh mounts and fully cleaned and restored.  I know this will not be inexpensive so I'm kind of wondering from strictly a financial consideration would it be worth the investment.  The car belonged to my wife's father so there is a family .... connection there ...so I will probably do it anyway but I'm just wondering about the growth in value of this automobile.

Answer
great question and the answer off the top is you probably will not be able to fully recoup your investment unless you plan on doing a concours restoration , and then only if you get it in front of the right people. But then with the history would you sell it ???

on the other hand if you LOVE the car and the history , and ENJOY driving her , then do it .  Its all about the journey . Take it from an ol car guy.  I have refurbished, renewed many , thinking ( and knowing) they were worth more than folks are willing to offer ....

have fun and ejoy the ride..

Vintage Cars

Ron