You are here:

Vintage Cars/windshield washer hose


Hi Ron, I recently purchased a 1975 vw super beetle 1835cc engine and in the front trunk area there is a rubber hose connected to the washer fluid container. Where does it go from there?  After researching the matter myself there isn't any info(that I could find) as to how it goes through the dash into the steering column. Please help.
Also, what procedure do I use to insert the front trunk seal to the little tabs (3 on each side)on the body? I get one and while moving to the next one the first one comes out.
Thank you so much.Donna

the line should go into the hood area and connect to the nozels that feed the front winshield, usually it goes into a "T" that splits to the nozzels, or it goes to the actual pump or foot pedal if not motorized .  How long is it?
I am not sure about the tabs, they can be a pain.  Make sure they all look alike and one is not broken or malformed, if all the same ( all 6) then try starting with the ones that are most difficult ( most tension)

Good luck

Vintage Cars

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I can answer questions on W110/W111/ W114/ W115 /W(R)107/W123/W126 , and Finny Mercedes models 1962-1985. I have rebuilt many of these cars and have problem solved many issues. I have access to much of the technical data and have detailed instructions on fixing the most common issues. Vintage US 1950-1989 and other foreign cars as well If you are going to ask me about car value, please provide ample information on service history, rust issues, and current "needs". Pictures are helpful. Disclaimer on value - I can only give you data on what the market is bringing, and may not be what you want to hear!


Maintain, restore vintage Mercedes (w110/w111 Finnys and W114/W115 /W107/W126)

Ronnies Diesel Shack ( friend me on Facebook)

Vintage Forum Member on many List serves

College Graduate. Self proclaimed and taught Mercedes shade tree mechanic.

©2017 All rights reserved.