Vintage Cars/1970 VW Beetle

1970 VW
1970 VW  
I've been having problems with my battery draining. I don't drive my VW much but found it was a bad battery. I replaced it with a new one. The VW sit for about 2 weeks and the battery drained again. Can you give me some insight on what could cause this problem?  Thanks, Ron

I am actually rebuilding a 71 Karmin Ghia right now.  Fun , simple cars
Your issue is most likely a drain to ground or parasitic drain
First check to make sure your battery ground strap/wire is clean and secure.
this is a good website ( there are others) to tell you how to check for the parasitic drain

if this is clear , then check both starter and alternator as possible drains .

Vintage Cars

I can answer questions on W114/ W115 /W(R)107/W123/W126 Mercedes models 1967-1985. I have rebuilt many of these cars and have problem solved many issues. I have access to much of the technical data and have deailed instructions on fixing the most common issues. Vintage US 1950-1989 and other foreign cars as well If you are going to ask me about car value, please provide ample information on service history, rust issues, and current "needs". Pictures are helpful. Disclaimer on value - I can only give you data on what the market is bringing, and may not be what you want to hear!

Maintain, restore vintage Mercedes (W114/W115 /W107/W126)

Ronnies Diesel Shack

Vintage Forum Member on many List serves

College Graduate. Self proclaimed and taught Mercedes shade tree mechanic.