Vintage Cars/1970 VW Beetle

Question
1970 VW
1970 VW  
I've been having problems with my battery draining. I don't drive my VW much but found it was a bad battery. I replaced it with a new one. The VW sit for about 2 weeks and the battery drained again. Can you give me some insight on what could cause this problem?  Thanks, Ron

Answer
I am actually rebuilding a 71 Karmin Ghia right now.  Fun , simple cars
Your issue is most likely a drain to ground or parasitic drain
First check to make sure your battery ground strap/wire is clean and secure.
this is a good website ( there are others) to tell you how to check for the parasitic drain
http://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

if this is clear , then check both starter and alternator as possible drains .

Vintage Cars

Ron