Vintage Cars/1988 450-SEL Mercedes

I have a daily driver 1988 Mercedes SEL with 124K miles that I love. My wife had my seats redone, we are about to have it painted. I am trying to find a radio, either repair what I have, or possible updated replacements. The radio works, poor reception as antenna does not go up any more. Just a simple antenna fix we think, and wonder what you say. How hard are parts to obtain?

If it is the original they can be rebuilt by Beaker and can even have an iPod jack put in them. The sound will never be as good as today's sound systems.  That said you can find many replacements  if you are handy go to  and the website will walk you through the choices.  Speakers can be added to the rear.  The originals lack the depth of today's modern speakers. If you are looking to keep original save all the parts. Hope this helps

Vintage Cars

I can answer questions on W114/ W115 /W(R)107/W123/W126 Mercedes models 1967-1985. I have rebuilt many of these cars and have problem solved many issues. I have access to much of the technical data and have deailed instructions on fixing the most common issues. Vintage US 1950-1989 and other foreign cars as well If you are going to ask me about car value, please provide ample information on service history, rust issues, and current "needs". Pictures are helpful. Disclaimer on value - I can only give you data on what the market is bringing, and may not be what you want to hear!

Maintain, restore vintage Mercedes (W114/W115 /W107/W126)

Ronnies Diesel Shack

Vintage Forum Member on many List serves

College Graduate. Self proclaimed and taught Mercedes shade tree mechanic.