Vintage Cars/1988 450-SEL Mercedes

Question
Ron,

I have a daily driver 1988 Mercedes SEL with 124K miles that I love. My wife had my seats redone, we are about to have it painted. I am trying to find a radio, either repair what I have, or possible updated replacements. The radio works, poor reception as antenna does not go up any more. Just a simple antenna fix we think, and wonder what you say. How hard are parts to obtain?

Answer
If it is the original they can be rebuilt by Beaker and can even have an iPod jack put in them. The sound will never be as good as today's sound systems.  That said you can find many replacements  if you are handy go to critchfield.com  and the website will walk you through the choices.  Speakers can be added to the rear.  The originals lack the depth of today's modern speakers. If you are looking to keep original save all the parts. Hope this helps

Vintage Cars

Ron