Vintage Cars/1949 packard

Question
i sold a 49 to a guy in norway the vin tag is faded  where else would the vin no. be on a 49 packard model 2265    thank you if you could help   please call me anytime to explain to me so i can tell guy in norway    732 7672 1026

Answer
you mean the  identification numbers? (VN) VINs did not come into play until much later on autos .A Packard titled as a 1949 can be either a 22nd or 23rd series, two different automobiles. The 22nd series began in 1947 and was continued into 1949,and the 23rd series started in 1949 and ran thru 1950. Thus there is no single, unique 1949 model year car. And also there were club sedans in many different car lines, the Eight, the Eight Deluxe, the Super Eight, the Super Eight Deluxe, and the Custom 8. The vehicle number plate should be on the cowl, under the hood, just in front of the driver's window.. If the vehicle number plate is missing there generally is no way to recover the number,
you could look for an engine number that may help
How is the car titled now, what number is on it.  The reason I ask is some cars were titled using the build number, engine number or VN number

Vintage Cars

Ron