Vintage Cars/1980 450 sl running sluggish

my 1980 450 sl is running sluggish. It will start fine and i have to let it warm up before i can start driving it. But the acceleration is sluggish and if i drive to a small hill i have the gas pedal all the way down. Any recomendation is appreciated.. The car only have 72000 miles on the car.

your car should have a K jet injection system.  The common causes for poor power are
worn out or out of adjustment settings - timing, spark plugs,  dwell, air fuel ratios, worn distributor cap, plug wires ect.  Age is the issue on many items , not just mielage
also if your control pressure is high it will limit the travel of the control plunger which means less gas to the engine.
Old , or restricted injectors can also be a cause

What is the service history?   Any recent work, how long have the symptoms been present?
K jets can be complicated and must be checked one system at a time
Let me know more information

Vintage Cars

I can answer questions on W114/ W115 /W(R)107/W123/W126 Mercedes models 1967-1985. I have rebuilt many of these cars and have problem solved many issues. I have access to much of the technical data and have deailed instructions on fixing the most common issues. Vintage US 1950-1989 and other foreign cars as well If you are going to ask me about car value, please provide ample information on service history, rust issues, and current "needs". Pictures are helpful. Disclaimer on value - I can only give you data on what the market is bringing, and may not be what you want to hear!

Maintain, restore vintage Mercedes (W114/W115 /W107/W126)

Ronnies Diesel Shack

Vintage Forum Member on many List serves

College Graduate. Self proclaimed and taught Mercedes shade tree mechanic.