Vintage Cars/1984 Mercedes 380SL power problem.

I turned the ignition to the "on" position without starting the vehicle in order to raise the power windows.  When the windows got to the "fully up" position all of a sudden I lost power, no lights no start, NO NOTHING...  Is there a Master fuse" or Master Fusible link that I should check and if so where?  If there is no fuse or link where do you suggest I begin?

could be a bad battery , I have seen them go just like that , a cell fails Check for 12v at the poles

Grounds OK , Battery connection  - OK?

ECM failure ?

the gassers of that era did not have a strip fuse, the diesels did, but one could have been added, if so trace the 12 v line ( red)

could be keyway , did you try another key, jiggling key?

Any symptoms prior to this occurrence

A lot of electrical gremlins is a detective mission

Vintage Cars

I can answer questions on W114/ W115 /W(R)107/W123/W126 Mercedes models 1967-1985. I have rebuilt many of these cars and have problem solved many issues. I have access to much of the technical data and have deailed instructions on fixing the most common issues. Vintage US 1950-1989 and other foreign cars as well If you are going to ask me about car value, please provide ample information on service history, rust issues, and current "needs". Pictures are helpful. Disclaimer on value - I can only give you data on what the market is bringing, and may not be what you want to hear!

Maintain, restore vintage Mercedes (W114/W115 /W107/W126)

Ronnies Diesel Shack

Vintage Forum Member on many List serves

College Graduate. Self proclaimed and taught Mercedes shade tree mechanic.