Violets, African/leaves are turning yellow around the edges

Pling wrote at 2013-02-16 02:04:58
I also had this happen to my long established plants!  At first I thought it lack of light, but they'd been in the same spot for a long time and thrived, so I knew it wasn't that!  A friend said it was either over-watering or needed fertilizer - the soil should be damp-ish, and doesn't hurt to let it dry out once in a while - if it does dry out, give a good soak from the bottom (leaves don't like any water on them at all!), drain off excess water, and you're off again!  Mine are back to full flowering with deep green leaves!

Steinberg wrote at 2013-02-27 07:28:10
I have this same plant and I watered it with cold water from the shower and the next day the leaves looked exactly like this!

Steinberg wrote at 2013-02-27 07:28:16

Violets, African

Patricia