Violets, African/Deformed plants

Question
I have 5 violet plants that  were bought at the local store several years ago by family members , and they have started producing deformed leaves , Some of them are bunching up in groups and some are lengthening out into long stemmed leaves .  I have already lost 3 or 4 others to drying up even though i have properly watered them . Thank goodness my older violets have not started this. But what is it and how do I help them ?

Answer
Carrie,
Since I can't actually see your plants it is difficult to diagnose. I am sending you a website address to go to. It is very possible that they could have cyclemen mites. These cause deformed leaves, particularly near the crown. Cyclemens are a type of arachnid, and do real damage to plants. Please go to the website below, and see if this describes and looks like what your plants have. I wish you luck.
Click or go here:  http://www.optimara.com/doctoroptimara/diagnosis/cyclamenmites.html

Violets, African

Patricia