Violets, African/African violets

Hi.  I have 2 african violets that bloomed beautifully last year.  The leaves are lovely and green and firm.   I don't seem able to get any more flowers.   Do I need to feed it something?   Thanks for any help.

Barbara, now that it is spring you might begin feeding your violets a good quality African violet food. Peter's special is a good brand as is Ultimara. But I always suggest that you use half strength.  Continue making sure that they receive adequate sunlight, filtered through by sheer curtains or indirect, and keep them moist, but not wet. You're doing a good job by checking the color and firmness of the leaves.  Hope this helps  

Violets, African

PLEASE LIMIT QUESTIONS TO AFRICAN VIOLETS. I will accept any question or problem relating to African Violets and their care. If I do not know the answer, I will research it for you. PLEASE NOTE: I DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS FROM FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SAT NIGHT AS THIS IS THE JEWISH SABBATH.

I learned about African Violets at the knee of my grandmother, who was born in 1895. I have been raising violets for nearly 30 years, and have helped friends and relatives with growing as well

At the knee of my grandmother.