Ruby wrote at 2011-03-26 05:56:49
I just want to add that I read a article in the newspaper written by Gary Clothier that there were 1,100 instruments were made and only 650 of them have survived so far.So actually no one really knows how many are still out and about.

Sharon wrote at 2014-05-13 15:44:38
I'm sorry but I believe that the odds of finding an old violin worth a lot of money is very GOOD.  Throughout the ages there have been so many OLD violins thrown away in the trash by enraged men that this alone is proof that NO ONE person or organization can say that ALL the famous violin maker violins are accounted for.  Pursue anything to the full extent and never let anyone tell you that your violin is worthless until at least three people of credibility have appraised it.  

Al Dzina

I can answer questions about violin and guitar making and restoration. I will not answer questions about playing these instruments, because I am a maker, not a player.

I was trained in violin making in Germany and have been working at this craft for sixty years.