Violin/Hopf Antique Violin

Anónimo wrote at 2010-12-30 14:56:22
Hola. Estoy en total desacuerdo con la respuesta que te dieron. Creo que el sonido de un Hopf es absolutamente maravilloso, de los mejores que he escuchado jamás; soy violinista profesional y a esta altura de mi vida me considero experto en emitir una opinión como esta. Que su valor económico no haya sido valorado es otro problema totalmente lejos de la calidad inobjetable de su precioso sonido, es un violín para "profesionales...solistas" y para gente que tenga sensibilidad para darse cuenta del valor musical del presioso violín...desconozco si tu violín es original, debería tener fotos (aparentemente no lo es). Su sonido es para hacer cualquier música, y mejor la clásica. Creo que la respuesta que te dieron es errónea y mediocre, y sin embargo la familia de Klingenthal es de las mejores que hubo haciendo lo mejor que supieron hacer...violines.  

David Lashof - violin All Expert wrote at 2016-08-03 16:29:40
I agree with Mr Potter. Violins are valued primarily not from their sound but from the instruments other merits. First by who made it, then when and where and then with materials and workmanship. The condition and finally the sound. So with these parameters, the price range is set by all of the tangle non-subjective items and the final value is determined by the condition and the sound. A musician that is saying what the value is, is usually, like in this case, using sound only, which is subjective to the player and is an emotional response, also evident in the comments. As the violin is a collectable, the value must be determined by actual tangible items, not sound.  

L. Dalton Potter

I have been involved in the violin trade for over 30 years. I am currently the President and CEO of The Potter Violin Company in Bethesda, MD. I can offer clients initial opinions on the value, authenticity and quality of almost all bowed string instruments (violins, violas, cellos & basses) based on good quality digital photos. I would decline to give any financial evaluations without examining instruments in person. Please do not ask me to offer an opinion without providng me photos; I cannot help you unless you give me something more to go on than just telling me what the label says.

Experience in Music Business: Charlie Byrd's Music House; 1977 - 1980. Senior violin technician: Violin House of Weaver; 1980 - 1996. President: The Potter Violin Company; 1996 - Present

String Industry Council (Founding Member & current President), Violin Society of America, American String Teachers Association (currently; National Board Member), Suzuki Association of America, ASTA MD/DC - Board Member (currently; Industry Representative), Guild of American Luthiers, American Society of Appraisers.

Kitchen Table Violin Repairs; an Emergency Manual for String Players and Teachers(author). Amercan String Teacher Magazine, Journal of the Suzuki Association of the Americas, Strings Magazine, Journal of Guild American Luthierie

Berklee College of Music

The Chester J. Petranek (2003) award for "Outstanding Community Service in enrichment of the musical life of the Washington metropolitan area." Traugott Rohner Leadership in the Music Industry Award: Dalton Potter; The Potter Violin Company, 2008 ASTA sponsorship recognition awards - too numerous to list.