Violin/Bretton?

Question
Hi this is Elizabeth, my violin is made in Germany by Bretton(two t's) in the early 1900's and I was hoping you may know anything about him. His name is carved into the back of my instrument and pasted on the inside. I also had someone appraise it for $9,000 and an original instrument, but I'm not sure that will help at all or if it's true. Thank you for your time, Elizabeth.

Answer
Hi
I have done some research and can only come up with the answer that  i first thought. The name Bretton is probably not the maker but the original sales place. I can only find them up to about $2000.00.  9k seems a bit high. your best bet is to actually take it in person to someone can look at it in the flesh, so to speak. Sorry I can't be of any more help.
Steve

Violin

Steve Levine