Violin/violin value

I have a Francesco Reggeri Dett Il Per in Cremona Panno 1682 vioin. Great condition....How much can i get for it?? Thanks

Hi Gino,

I'm unable to help you determine the value of an instrument, beyond that of its musical value. I help students learn to practice and perform on the violin. You can find out more about that at this website.

You may wish to try and ask another of the experts on this site, that specialize in valuations. Or visit a local luthier for the most accurate information. Good luck.

Bill Alpert

BEFORE YOU ASK, PLEASE NOTE: I cannot answer questions about instrument repair or value. You need to visit a reputable local violin shop for such assistance, or do some reasearch online: I can answer questions related to the study of the violin, teaching violin and the performance of concert (classical) music. I'm happy to assist anyone who is serious about his/her violin journey as a pathway to personal growth and musical achievement.

I am a professional symphony violinist, studio recording musician and also a private studio teacher specializing in the Suzuki Method. I've arranged music for small ensembles and voice, and have contracted musical performances in a variety of venues.

American String Teachers Association, Suzuki Institute of the Americas

B.A. Music, UCLA, California State Polytechnic University, Suzuki Pedagogical studies at the Suzuki Institute of Colorado and at Occidental College.