Violin/violin JOHANN GEORG KESSLER copy of stradivarius

Question
violin
violin  

violin
violin  
please I could say something about this violin and price?
is a violin johann georg kessler copy of stradivarius WEST GERMANY

Answer
Hi Manuel,

Thank you for your question.  Well, from the photos and the "West Germany" indication on the label, it's clear that this is not a Johann Georg Kessler.  It appears to be a factory instrument, designed and setup for student use.  It is unlikely to be worth more than a few hundred dollars.  But, it would be worth getting it appraised by a reputable violin shop.  Some factory imports, particularly older ones, are quite nice.  If this one happens to have a decent tone, and is in reasonable condition, it could fetch as much as $1,000.

Best of luck with it!

Jim Fisher

Violin

James S. Fisher