Violin/Violin valuation

Question
Hi I have a Violin made by Astor musician instrument makers in Wych Street near Drury Lane London and I want to know the value of it Please

Answer
Hi Kieran

The Astor company was run by George Astor, a brother of John Jacob Astor.  In the 1780's he attempted to make a name for himself in the musical instrument trade, primarily selling instruments such as flutes and keyboards.  He did bring a few violins of note to the US on his business voyages but subsequently went into the fur trading business with his brother where they made their fortunes.

The violins that were under the Astor Company name were not of a very good quality, they didn't know instruments that well and just employed makers that were available, not of high quality.
I would expect on close examination, your violin would be in the $500-1500 price range.  The only way to get a real value is to have it looked at in person at a violin shop that does appraisals.  

Violin

David Lashof