Violin/child violinist

Dave Lashof - Violin All-Expert wrote at 2015-02-17 00:12:54
Hi

You will be hard pressed to find Any small size violins made before 1850 and certainly not by any of the "household" known violin makers such as Stradivari, Amati or Guarneri.  After those names, most people are clueless.  Small violins really didn't exist before the mid 1800's and that was because they were too expensive to produce, violin makers were not rich then. Once the factories started up, in the mid 1800's, it became economical to make fractional violins. Although there are some very fine fractional violins, the makers will be unknown to 99.9% of the population.  

Violin

James S. Fisher