Violin/follow up pic on joseph klox

uncle duke wrote at 2015-02-25 16:48:40
If Mr. Levine will allow:  I've been seeing this one advertised on Craigslist.  By looking at the size of the tailpiece in relation to the violin top I'm thinking it's a 3/4 size violin.  Those can be nice but those mechanical tuner more or less put a dent in your plans for a good monetary return by offering it for sale.  When you take the violin to K.C. Strings for an opinion ask to see if the violin is blocked and lined, is the fingerboard ebony, is it a 3/4 or 4/4 size and if it could be from the 1800's with a genuine label.  If it were a full size I'd think you would of sold it by now, just my opinion.  Don't be surprised or offended if the violin is worth only $35.00 and the bow maybe $40.00- for the sake of the love of violins I hope I'm wrong.  

Steve Levine

I can answer almost any question regarding the classical violin.Both playing and history. Also repertoire.

20 years a professional classical violinist in every London orchestra...18 years freelance as a session player.movies tv etc lot of arranging too

Many prizes and awards from the RAM where I studied, both for violin playing and chamber music

Students at the RCM plus many chamber music students at summer schools around the world