Violin/Stainer Violin

Question
VIOLIN
VIOLIN  

VIOLIN
VIOLIN  
Hi attached pics are of my wifes violin and am trying to find any onfo on it thanks

Answer
Hi Warwick,

Thanks for your question.  Unfortunately, there's not much I can tell you from the photos.  It does not appear to be an instrument of any great value.  The wood is inexpensive, and not well flamed.  The grain is uneven and not very tight.  And, the workmanship appears to be that of a factory instrument.  But, it may be worth getting a proper appraisal.  If there is not too much damage, and if the instrument happens to be of decent quality (as factory instruments go), it may serve as a good student level violin.  New strings and a proper setup will run you a few hundred dollars.  It may not be worth that much.  Or, it may be worth as much as a thousand, if you're very lucky.

Best of luck with it!

Jim Fisher  

Violin

James S. Fisher