Violin/violin 1856

Question
Hello, I have a violin signed in original ink by john r kirk from 1856. It is in decent condition with a case as well. No strings on it though. Was wondering if you had any idea on what it is worth? trying to figure out the best option. thank you

Answer
Hi
It seems that he was an eccentric violin maker who thought he could improve on the great Italian Violins. Generally regarded as a weirdo...I don't think his instruments have any significant value unfortunately.He was also known for his ads in the newspaper.
Steve  

Violin

Steve Levine