Visual Basic/The making of Scareware

Question
Hi Richard

Do you know how the software "scareware" is created? I do know it has something to do with programming.

I'm just curious and wanted to know for educational purposes only. Since I'm a Magician anything that's a secret interest me. There are no books written about the topic on Amazon. It's like a mystery that some how only a few people know about.

I've got some of my own Magic videos online at http://tagged.com/sterlbo if you want to see them.

Take Care

Sterling

Answer
Scareware is basically garbage software that gives you a fake warning message like "your computer has a virus. Click here to fix it". You're then led to a site which "sells" you a solution to a problem that you don't have. It's essentially a scam.

You can program apps like this in any language you want, including VB. I don't recommend that you do.

Visual Basic

Richard Rost