Visual Basic/reading a single addreess in vb

what would I do to read a binary file than read a particular address byte to hex in a listbox?

for reading a binary file etc
check out this link

one does not convert the strings to binary, as then it becomes unreadable.

to compare the strings in the binary mode use this method:

Check the reference under projects_reference to Microsoft scripting library.

put at the top of your form the line

Option Compare Binary

Private Sub Command1_Click()

Dim adu1 As Variant, adu2 as variant, adu3 as variant

adu1 = StrComp("Ravi", "Ravi")
adu2 = StrComp("Ravi", "RAVI")
adu3 = StrComp("Ravi", "Ravindra")

Print adu1
print adu2
print adu3

End Sub
' you will be able to see the difference in values
Return Values

The StrComp function has the following return values:

' try the same using
Option Compare Text

Ravindra M.G

Visual Basic

visual basic application programming from design to access information, sql, engineering and commercial applications. access databases, excel.(VB6) basic questions in vb 2008. Optional: 1)a large number of people want me to do work which takes some time and effort. can do projects in vb 2008. Pl.note that i would like to be paid for such work. 2) if you want me to spend quality time and do special work, i expect to be paid a reasonable price for my time. 3) if you are pleased with my reply you could consider a good amount. 4) you can visit my website

programming since the past 15 years. have completed a large number of projects in Industrial applications, finance,accounts, correspondence. excel macros etc

engineering, management degrees.

project work for a Norway company,USA company and a Canadian company completed. Freelance Project work and Teaching. helping programmers with their work
teaching vb