Volleyball/Elem school volleyball net height

steve wrote at 2014-02-03 15:17:11

Illinois Elementary School Assoc (IESA):

As an official registered with the Illinois High School Association (IHSA) in the

sport of volleyball, you may officiate matches at the junior high level. When

those contests involve members of the Illinois Elementary School Association

(IESA), rules of play are exactly the same as the National Federation rules with

the following exceptions:

1. Rally Scoring will be used at the IESA level of play in regular season or

state tournament series play. 2 out of 3 sets to 25 (no cap). [NFHS rule

1-2-1]

2. During regular season play, court size shall be a minimum of 25 feet by

50 feet [NFHS rule 2-1-1].

3. Net height [NFHS rule 3-1-4]

GVB: 7 feet or 2.13meters

BVB: 7 feet 4 1/8 inches or 2.43 meters

4. The Libero position shall not be used. [NFHS rule 6-4-2]

CoachHouser wrote at 2014-03-24 03:00:38
Hello Steve!

Thanks for the follow up!

That's very interesting!  

In my area of Roanoke, Va, we have no elementary volleyball that I know of.  

I hope it's a great week!

Tom

Volleyball

Tom Houser