Volleyball/What's the difference between MH and MB

Question
Hello,
What is the difference between middle hitter
and a middle blocker?

Answer
Hello Tina and welcome to www.AllExperts.com

My name is Coach Tovar

To make sure that all my readers young and old can understand some of my comments, I have chosen to use simple vocabulary words and interpret the rule for this sole purpose.

A Middle Blocker is the same thing as a Middle Hitter. If you see the position as LF,MF,RF,FB,MB,and RB then MB refers to a defensive player in the back row.

What does the MB or MH do?

The middle blocker plays in the front row and is usually the strongest blocker on the team. He/she is also the player that will hit the quickest sets most of the times and some other unique routes or set types.

Of course a MB will become that when he/she is on defense and a MH when he/she is on offense.

As a defensive player, the MB will block from one side of the net to the other assisting the OH and RH. As an offensive player, the MH will read the setter and position themselves for a quick set. The MH will also say a key word such as (ex. "YES")to the setter telling the setter that he/she is in a good position to hit a quick set.

Once the MH or MB rotates to the back row, then they will serve and then switch with the LIBERO.

Because of their height and prerequisites for a MB position, they are not required to pass the ball a lot. Some teams do allow the MH to play in the back row and present a full back row attack.

I hope this answers your question.

For the time is takes me to write all this information and possibly do research to give you the most updated information all I ask in return are two things.

1.   Please take the time to rate me. Any feedback you can provide for me will be great.
2.   Visit my website at www.volleyballplaystorun.com plus:

You can also become a free member and learn the latest volleyball play systems, and newest volleyball serves plus much more.
See – Volleyball Offensive Systems – over 25
See - Over 31 different serves  
See - The Volleyball Gods
Get – FREE 28 play non system playbook just for being a free member
Get – FREE over 200 Volleyball T-Shirt Designs from the mind of ALIENTECH
See - Alien Attitude Balls
See - Over 200 Volleyball “Ball” designs

Please visit me at www.volleyballplaystorun.com

Thank you for visiting www.AllExperts.com

Coach Tovar

Volleyball

Juan A. Tovar