Volleyball/volleyball (new net rule)

Question
i am taking a college vb course i asked the coach about the new net rule change on touching the net he said it was an international rule only i dont think that is correct. since its listed in the usav  domestic rule book. I have read the  rule 11.3.1  which says its ok to touch the netbelow the tape long as it dont interfere with play. if its in the usav  rule book isnt that a domestic rule also?  thanks dwight

Answer
Hello Dwight!  
Welcome to www.allexperts.com.  It's great to hear from you.
I know two rule books really well:  The USAV rule book does allow for net contact EXCEPT (a) during an attack (b) along the top of the net.  
I'm not sure if this is accepted in international vball.  If you watched a lot of the Olympic vball competition last summer, you probably know.  I wasn't able to b/c of my camp business.  
The National Federation rules, however, haven't adopted this rule (as of 2012-2013 school year).  But it is a possible change for 2013-2014.  
I hope that this helps you some.
And please feel free to contact me about any other situation.  You can find me here or at coachhouser@yahoo.com  Also, if you have a moment, I hope you can visit us at www.coachhouser.com.  I think you'll like the smiling faces.  :)
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Tom Houser

Volleyball

Tom Houser