Volleyball/College coach wants to see my video! Is this good?

Question
QUESTION: Hi,

If you email a college coach your resume, and he responds quickly by wanting to see video and SAT scores, is it a good sign? Also, do coaches usually give people their cell number?
Thanks

ANSWER: Good afternoon Richard and welcome back!

Yes, it's usually a good sign, but there could be a dozen reasons:
- Maybe the coach gets so few contacts that he wants to see all videos available.
- Maybe the coach has so many assistants that he wants all possible videos seen.  :)   
- Maybe the coach knows you have a teammate that's awesome is hoping that your teammate is in the video.
- Maybe the coach is single and is volleyball 24/7.  So he watches 5 to 10 videos each day.  

The coach may also be a quick responder.  Some people are just like that.  I try to respond to everything within 24 hours, or people will think I don't care.  Can't have that.  

I think I can be more definite about this:  If the coach didn't want to see your video and/or never contacted you back, those would be bad signs.  

Cell numbers:  I see it some, and I don't see it some.  Maybe it's a little more permissible since you contacted him.   I don't give ANY one who's under 18 my cell #.  I just don't want to go there.  When I give a parent a business card, I say, "Please tear off the cell # if you don't wish your daughter to have it."  

Is there anything else today?  
Please let me know if I can do anything else for you?  
Coach Houser

QUESTION: Just to add some info, this college coach is a mens division 1 coach.

Answer
Richard:
I'm not sure there is such a thing as D1 men's volleyball.  Is there?  There didn't used to be.  
I thought that there were so few men's programs -- like 75? -- that they were just all lumped into one division.   
For example, Eastern Mennonite here in Virginia is NCAA D3 in almost all their sports; but, I don't think they can be in volleyball b/c there aren't enough schools participating to have divisions.  Likewise Ohio State is D1 in most sports, except for men's vball.  
I may be wrong.  You'll have to double-check for me and let me know.
Coach Houser

Volleyball

Tom Houser