Volleyball/Obtaining the contact infor for the members of a college vball team

Is it ok to ask a mens volleyball college coach if they can provide me with contact info of some of the current players on the team to ask them about campus life, what they did to get in,etc.? Or is that a bit too personal? Thanks.

Good evening Richard!
Welcome to  

Sure, you can ask the coach.  He will probably give you their men's email addresses.  But will probably not give your their cell #'s.  I wouldn't. I think that's too personal.  

Now, from there, I recommend you email the men, and if you want their cell #'s, you can ask for them.  They may give you their number; or, they may not.  There may just not want to do it.  Or they there may be a policy at that school that the college athletes don't give their cell numbers to high school prospects. I'm not sure.

Regardless, you can still follow them on Twitter and /or Facebook.  

What else can I do for you tonight?  If there's ever anything else, please contact me here anytime.  Also, please visit us at  I think you'll like all the smiling faces.  

Tom Houser

I can answer any type of volleyball question: middle school, high school, college, club, coaching, playing, etc. (I am not, however, a athletic trainer! If you have a knee, ankle, back, etc. question, I'm sorry, but please search for another expert.)

I will almost always answer your question within 24 hours.

You may also email me anytime at! I'd enjoy hearing from you!

TEENAGERS: Please check your email tomorrow. I will probably have answered your question by then. :)

In the past 10 years, vball has taken my to San Francisco, Miami, Alaska, Pennsylvania, both Carolinas, and Salt Lake City. We can't wait to come visit you!

Then, one last favor: please grade my answer!

32 years coaching varsity, JV, club.

You can see all about me at There are also free downloads for coaches & parents, and lots of smiling faces for you volleyball players!

BS degree from Va Tech in Math Education. MS degree from Va Tech in Secondary Administration. In the fall, I'll be starting my 31st year teaching high school math!

The Picture!
The picture that you see is the 2015 15's team that I'm fortunate to be a part of. We will participate in 10 tournaments: Monument (Richmond) in January, Capitol Hill (Wash DC) in February, Shamrock (Roanoke, Va) in March and both BigSouth (Atlanta) and Northeast Qualifiers (Philadelphia) in April. My teams have qualified for Junior Nationals in '06, '09 and '12. We can't wait for this season to begin!

You can see this by visiting me at , then touch the "Coach Houser" link in the top right-hand corner.