Volleyball/Setter dumps?

Question
Hi, I play as a back row setter running 5-1 and 6-2. Sometimes I get these ridiculously good passes but the opposing team has blockers covering all my hitters, can I left hand dump or not? I dump a lot during one of my games and I didn't get called for the jump/attack, but in my mind I know I'm not allowed to attack, and my coach knows too, but I never get called for it. So am I allowed to dump or not?

Answer
Hello Ivan and welcome to www.AllExperts.com

My name is Coach Tovar

I hope this answers your question.

If you are a back row player as in a setter coming to the front row to set you cannot left hand dump or perfrom any type of attack where your feet leave the floor. Of course unless you are in the front row you can do this.

Being a setter in the back row but coming up to set in the front row can allow you to perform several attacks.
1. You can set the ball behind you and landing the set inside the 10 ft. line. especially when they have their setter in the front.
2. You can rainbow the ball over the net and behind their right side blocker or left front.
3. You can horse shoe the set over the middle blocker and have the ball land right behind the middle front.
4. You can punch the ball into area 1.

PS here are some great videos about left hands dump done extremely well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvMoalM79xg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hXHeykb7M0

For the time is takes me to write all this information and possibly do research to give you the most updated information all I ask in return are two things.

1.   Please take the time to rate me. Any feedback you can provide for me will be great.
2.   Visit my website at www.volleyballplaystorun.com plus:

You can also become a free member and learn the latest volleyball play systems, and newest volleyball serves plus much more.
See – Volleyball Offensive Systems – over 25
See - Over 31 different serves  
See - The Volleyball Gods
Get – FREE 28 play non system playbook just for being a free member
Get – FREE over 200 Volleyball T-Shirt Designs from the mind of ALIENTECH
See - Alien Attitude Balls
See - Over 200 Volleyball “Ball” designs

Please visit me at www.volleyballplaystorun.com

Thank you for visiting www.AllExperts.com

Coach Tovar

Volleyball

Juan A. Tovar