Volleyball/Convincing my mom

This may not be the question you were expecting, but I have no other place I believe can help me. I want to convince my mom to let me play club volleyball. But we don't have a whole lot of time, with track (for school) and school volleyball. So I wanted your help to show her, that we can make time. The clubs I  am looking all let you take a rain check and make up the practice later. But she is concerned I won't be in bed before 10. (Preferably sooner.) I really want to play club, and I am sure I would make a good team. It would definitely help me in my high-school and college years. (I did read up on your other responses to people with similar problems, so I know if I don't start playing club I most likely won't play in college.) please help me out- thanks.

-Ainsley Bargaine

Good morning!
I am directing a volleyball camp this week in Virginia 9am to 5pm each day .....and commuting.
So im soryy that there's not much time to give u a complete answer.  I will try to answer your question this week, but definitely by this weekend!  Thanks for contacting me at And if u have a moment , please visit me at  

Tom Houser

I can answer any type of volleyball question: middle school, high school, college, club, coaching, playing, etc. (I am not, however, a athletic trainer! If you have a knee, ankle, back, etc. question, I'm sorry, but please search for another expert.)

I will almost always answer your question within 24 hours.

You may also email me anytime at! I'd enjoy hearing from you!

TEENAGERS: Please check your email tomorrow. I will probably have answered your question by then. :)

In the past 10 years, vball has taken my to San Francisco, Miami, Alaska, Pennsylvania, both Carolinas, and Salt Lake City. We can't wait to come visit you!

Then, one last favor: please grade my answer!

32 years coaching varsity, JV, club.

You can see all about me at There are also free downloads for coaches & parents, and lots of smiling faces for you volleyball players!

BS degree from Va Tech in Math Education. MS degree from Va Tech in Secondary Administration. In the fall, I'll be starting my 31st year teaching high school math!

The Picture!
The picture that you see is the 2015 15's team that I'm fortunate to be a part of. We will participate in 10 tournaments: Monument (Richmond) in January, Capitol Hill (Wash DC) in February, Shamrock (Roanoke, Va) in March and both BigSouth (Atlanta) and Northeast Qualifiers (Philadelphia) in April. My teams have qualified for Junior Nationals in '06, '09 and '12. We can't wait for this season to begin!

You can see this by visiting me at , then touch the "Coach Houser" link in the top right-hand corner.