Volleyball/Hwo many kicks are allowed?

How many kicks(leg/foot contacts) are allowed in a set? Is there a limit on the  
number(like 1 each set) or is it unlimited?
Eg.Can a team deliver a ball to d opposite team aftr three kicks from three different players?
Pls explain everything in dis regard.

Good evening BGK from the USA!  
I have a few bits of information for you.   
* There are no limits to the # of kicks in a volleyball match/set/game.  
* In fact, most vball matches are played without any kicks.  
* Kicks are very uncommon, except maybe in some adult matches when the adults are so old (or lazy) that they will kick at the ball rather than bend their knees.  
* Of course, some balls are unintentionally kicked...I've seen several dozen of kicks in my career.  This occur when an opponent's hit is so fast that the ball hits the digger's foot.  It's actually funny...and we tease the digger considerably.  
Please contact me again anytime I can do anything for you.  
I hope you have time to visit me at  I think you will enjoy the smiling faces.  
Coach Houser

Tom Houser

I can answer any type of volleyball question: middle school, high school, college, club, coaching, playing, etc. (I am not, however, a athletic trainer! If you have a knee, ankle, back, etc. question, I'm sorry, but please search for another expert.)

I will almost always answer your question within 24 hours.

You may also email me anytime at! I'd enjoy hearing from you!

TEENAGERS: Please check your email tomorrow. I will probably have answered your question by then. :)

In the past 10 years, vball has taken my to San Francisco, Miami, Alaska, Pennsylvania, both Carolinas, and Salt Lake City. We can't wait to come visit you!

Then, one last favor: please grade my answer!

32 years coaching varsity, JV, club.

You can see all about me at There are also free downloads for coaches & parents, and lots of smiling faces for you volleyball players!

BS degree from Va Tech in Math Education. MS degree from Va Tech in Secondary Administration. In the fall, I'll be starting my 31st year teaching high school math!

The Picture!
The picture that you see is the 2015 15's team that I'm fortunate to be a part of. We will participate in 10 tournaments: Monument (Richmond) in January, Capitol Hill (Wash DC) in February, Shamrock (Roanoke, Va) in March and both BigSouth (Atlanta) and Northeast Qualifiers (Philadelphia) in April. My teams have qualified for Junior Nationals in '06, '09 and '12. We can't wait for this season to begin!

You can see this by visiting me at , then touch the "Coach Houser" link in the top right-hand corner.