Volleyball/The number of digs in these matches....is odd!

Question
Given these statistics, I was wondering if the number of digs recorded can be correct. They seem too high for me. I was told that the kills recorded by "team A" could have been incorrect, but I didn't think the kills/attempts/ errors could be that far off.

Game 1: team A won in 3 sets. 25-18 25-23 27-25 Team B recorded 80 digs and 2 aces. Team A recorded 105 attempts, 28 kills, 23 errors and 11 aces.

Game 2: team A won in 3 sets. 25-10 25-12 25-19 Team B recorded 61 digs and 9 aces. Team A recorded 81 attempts, 30 kills, 11 errors and 11 aces.

Answer
Hello Chey!

I'm sorry that I didn't answer your question quicker.  Let's do this!  :)  

In match #1:  The first thing I saw was 80 digs?  Wow.  OK, well maybe team B has no beastly hitter, so team A gets of lot of digs.  That's about 27 a set.  That's a lot in high school.  But, then, you showed me team B's stats:  In 105 attempts (which is also high for 3 sets!), they had 51 K's + E's, which leaves only 54 balls that are dig-able.  So someone is messing up.   28 K's, 23 E's and 11 A's are reasonable.  

In match #2, the only problem I see with the stats is:   The same problem.  According to Team A's stats, they only left 40 balls dig-able, yet team B dug 61.  All else looks reasonable.  

What are you seeing that prompted your question?  
Maybe I'm not seeing what you're concerned about.  

If you have a moment, please visit us at www.coachhouser.com.   Volleyball lessons, camps, coaching, etc. is all full time job.  And I think you'll like the smiling faces!!  

Thanks for the email, and please contact me anytime!
Coach Houser

Volleyball

Tom Houser