Volleyball/Hitting the ball with more power!

Question
Thank you for everything, and I won't forget about the video :)
I just have one more question... how can I hit with more power?
Ines

Answer
Good morning Ines!
Welcome back!  :)  
There are several ways to hit with more power:
a) Easiest:  IF you're 14 years old or younger, keeping the pulse beating will add more velocity to your hit.   :)  
b) Have stronger forearm muscles.  Yes, the muscles between your elbow and wrist -- that create the snapping movement -- are key to hitting a ball.  So, while you're watching TV or sitting in class :), do wrist curls.   
c) ABS!!  You want to add velocity to your hit...then work abs, abs, abs!  Mature hitters' bodies look like a less than sign when they hit.  Yep, their bodies look like "<"   Immature hitters' bodies look like a lower case L:   "l"   

To see what I'm talking about, here's a picture of my daughter.  She was 21 in this video.  I recommend you pause it as often as possible so that you can copy what she's doing.  Do you see the "<"?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1FavHWxiEw

It's instinctive to lower one's elbow when you try to hit harder.  
Yeah, that CAN add velocity to your hit; but, the disad's of hitting the ball at a lower point far outweigh the ad's:  more balls go out, more often blocked, and more often hit in the net.  

Adding velocity to her hit is similar in increasing vertical:  It's a slow process.  But, it's do-able!  Just follow my advise and you'll see results.  

Thank you Ines for being in touch with me so much the past few days.  I've really enjoyed hearing from you.  Please contact me anytime here or at coachhouser@yahoo.com.  

And don't forget!  Plz visit us at www.coachhouser.com.  You'll LOVE the smiling faces.   :)  

Coach Houser

Volleyball

Tom Houser