Volvo/Over heating losing oil

So discovered radiator leak 1999 Volvo S70 sedan, after car died and fluid that looked  like oil drained onto ground, but no bubbles. started okay again and ran alright after adding water. Sounds ok but difficult to find where fluid is coming from. Where should I start?

I would check the transmission fluid to make sure it does not look milky and also check the oil cooler on the oil pan.Does the radiator have a leak or did the oil in it cause something to leak .For sure make sure that it is not trans fluid and if that is ok go to the oil cooler next .Other than that you are looking at checking the head gasket .Also on the coolant issue check inside the vehicle on the drivers side under the carpet to see if the heater core could be leaking .There could be more than one issue here ..

robert white

I can answer any kind of Volvo question to do with automotive repair on Volvo from mid 1980s to present .

30 plus years Volvo experience and have been in the automotive industry my whole life

schooled in uk went to south London tech city and guilds in automotive science and masters in electrical engineering .