Volvo/HELP MY VOLVO V 40 Wont start

Question
Hello. I have a 2000 Volvo V 40 that will not turn over.
We went to the gas station the other day and turned the car off. Low and behold the car refused to turn back on instead it made a clicking noise. So thinking that it was the starter we went a head and bought a new one which i installed today. Still when the key is turned the clicking sound continues. We are at a loss and have no idea what else it could be. The battery is fine. Please help me.

Answer
i would check to see if the immobilizer symbol appears it looks like a key in the instrument cluster .These cars are known for problems there .Also you could try to jump the starter relay that is under rthe hood .Lastly if possilble jack up the right side of the vehicle and see if you can turn over the engine clockwise to see if it is free .

Volvo

robert white