I have a 1993 volvo850glt automatic that I just put a used transmission in. It will go in reverse as soon as I put into gear as for going forward I have to bring the rpm upto around 4500..... What could be my problem? Have reset computer have checked fluid and flushed system.

If whay you are saying is you have to rev the vehicle in gear to 4500 rpm to get it to move ,then it looks like the used trans is no good .If you have checked the fluid level running in park and it has sufficent and there are no connection problems .no flashing gearshift lights then it looks like another trans is needed .  

robert white

I can answer any kind of Volvo question to do with automotive repair on Volvo from mid 1980s to present .

30 plus years Volvo experience and have been in the automotive industry my whole life

schooled in uk went to south London tech city and guilds in automotive science and masters in electrical engineering .