Volvo/cd player 1998 Volvo S90

cd option was not originally purchased. have a 816 unit in dash factory. how do I get the cd option activated ? I have switched out with a working unit; still gave the EEEE code.why is this happening ?h

Sorry for a moment i wasnt getting what you were doing .The eee messagw when you are trying to select the 6 disc player is either a problem with the din cable or the player itself .I have seen both go bad .I would try routing another cable staight to the player .Does it light up when you select cd ,also i have seen the inline fuse broken which can also do this .Hope this helps ..  

robert white

I can answer any kind of Volvo question to do with automotive repair on Volvo from mid 1980s to present .

30 plus years Volvo experience and have been in the automotive industry my whole life

schooled in uk went to south London tech city and guilds in automotive science and masters in electrical engineering .