Greetings Robert

I have a 2000 S70 2.4 non-turbo.
The AC works very well but when it gets very hot outside, usually 95 or higher, the AC starts blowing warm air- but after I turn off the AC and shut down the car and then start the car and turn on the AC back on it begins to blow cold air until the system get hot, and again starts blowing warm air.
Please Advise.
Thank much,
David G.

There are many things that can make your a/c stop working .When you vehicles a/c stops check for power to the a/c clutch .If there is power there you need a compressor .You could put a clutch assy in it but if your car has high mileage that would be a waste of money .If this is not the case and there is no power there then we will need to go further .So check that first and let me know ...

robert white

I can answer any kind of Volvo question to do with automotive repair on Volvo from mid 1980s to present .

30 plus years Volvo experience and have been in the automotive industry my whole life

schooled in uk went to south London tech city and guilds in automotive science and masters in electrical engineering .