Volvo/2000 volvo s70 glt se with v5 turbo.

Question
Code 650 came up. Auto zone doesn't have volvo codes but gauged it by the volkswagen code which was an ECM failure.  Is it the same for volvo?

Answer
There are a few code that get stored in the later cars like internal fault in ecu that are not always real .I would clear the code and if the vehicle drives without any problem i would see if that code returns .Do you have any problems with the running of your volvo .The 1999 and up ecu is dowmnloaded to the vewhicle so you wont be able to by used .There are places on the internet but i work for a dealer and a new one is expensive ,so at this time if it drives ok i would reset and see what happens .As for leaving you stranded i would doubt it ,i have seen these codes many times without an issue like not running .

Volvo

robert white