Volvo/2000 volvo s70 glt se with v5 turbo.

Code 650 came up. Auto zone doesn't have volvo codes but gauged it by the volkswagen code which was an ECM failure.  Is it the same for volvo?

There are a few code that get stored in the later cars like internal fault in ecu that are not always real .I would clear the code and if the vehicle drives without any problem i would see if that code returns .Do you have any problems with the running of your volvo .The 1999 and up ecu is dowmnloaded to the vewhicle so you wont be able to by used .There are places on the internet but i work for a dealer and a new one is expensive ,so at this time if it drives ok i would reset and see what happens .As for leaving you stranded i would doubt it ,i have seen these codes many times without an issue like not running .

robert white

I can answer any kind of Volvo question to do with automotive repair on Volvo from mid 1980s to present .

30 plus years Volvo experience and have been in the automotive industry my whole life

schooled in uk went to south London tech city and guilds in automotive science and masters in electrical engineering .